Wednesday 4 June 2014

Solution for noreply@blogger.com in blogger feed 2

Problem

 This issue is arise with only RSS feed not in ATOM feed. 

Example

I'm going to show my blogger blog feed as an example in this post.

RSS Feed

This below URL is my blog post feed URL which will return my RSS feed data of posts.
http://cj-ramki.blogspot.in/feeds/posts/default?alt=rss
It creates the JSON data empty blog author name and noreply@blogger.com(author name). I just parsed that JSON object and checked what is getting from RSS feed from JSON. It returns the below result.

ATOM Feed

By default Blogger using ATOM feed. So, I changed my feed URL like below. So, this below URL is my blog post feed URL which will return my ATOM feed data of posts.
http://cj-ramki.blogspot.in/feeds/posts/default
It creates the JSON data with correct blog author name and post author name. I just parsed that JSON object and checked what is getting from ATOM feed from JSON. It returns the below result.

SOLUTION

The solution to this problem is, use ATOM feed instead of RSS Feed. 

Just remove ?alt=rss from the URL to use your Blogger blog feed as ATOM feed.

Have any doubt, feel free to comment here!

2 comments: